I think I may have an addition…to breakfast foods. Even all my ideas and inspirations for new dishes revolve around my favorite meal, breakfast. This week I’m bringing 3 more brunch recipes, a little something for everyone. Today I’m starting with a simple but incredibly tasty breakfast pasta. Pasta for breakfast? Well, why not? I’ve seen pasta bakes and pasta frittata served for brunch so why not make a pasta dish with eggs? If you’re having a hard time having your kids eat a meal in the morning, try this recipe and they may come back for more!
- 8 ounces dried linguini
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain.
- Whisk together eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Add cooked noodles and egg mixture. Stir the mixture until the eggs are softly set, about 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top. Serve.
**Helpful tips and common mistakes
This breakfast pasta is all about the quality of the noodles and fresh eggs. If you have a pasta machine, I strongly recommend you make fresh linguini! I haven’t purchased my pasta machine yet, but once I do, I’m going to have this redo this dish.
When tossing the noodles in the eggs, make sure to constantly stir, making sure every noodle is coated in egg. You are essentially making scrambled eggs with pasta. Finish with parsley and extra virgin olive oil for a finished breakfast.
Despite how simple this dish, it is incredibly tasty! The pasta is creamy from the eggs while the sharp cheese shines through. Even though this is a breakfast pasta, I can have this any time of the day.
Looking for someone to come to your house and prepare these dishes for you? It is possible! If you are in Los Angeles and looking for a private chef, please feel free to contact me. For more information, visit Private Kitchen Los Angeles.